Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Review and Interview Of The New Album "Prince"


ALBUM : PRINCE
ARTIST: COMODITY
MYSPACE.COM/COMODITYMUSIC
http://98.131.65.226/Comodity/prince.zip

Review:
I LIKE THE ALBUM , I LIKE THE WAY IT WAS PUT TOGETHER AND I LIKE THE CONCEPTS OF ALL THE SONGS. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET A FEEL OF ALL THREE OF THE PERSONALITIES THAT WERE APART OF THIS ALBUM. THERE WAS A LOT OF LOVE AND EFFORT PUT INTO THIS ALBUM AND YOU CAN TELL !

Interview:
Q: Did the album turn out the way you wanted it to when you first said you wanted to do the album?
A: Haha not at ALL! I started work on this album in early 2007, the sound was different back then. I pretty much wanted it to be ALL lyrical. New York is where I'm from, and we pay close attention to lyrical songs..but, working with J-Dub...its very hard to expect ALL your songs to be about just the lyrics

Q: Comodity’s solo but also apart of the Royal Family, how does that work?
A: Well, Royal Family is a record label that consists of five solo artists who also collaborate on songs together. It works just fine, I love those guys. They helped me find my voice. And I support them just as much as they've supported me.

Q: When did you realize you had three people inside of you?
A: Comodity, Prollem and Sadistic? Man, it was a while ago. I'm gonna say 2005. I was listening to all types of Hip Hop, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to sound like Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z or Common when I rapped. Basically, I wanted to touch all aspects of Hip Hop. Because I want my impact on rap to be strong.

Q: So whats the difference between Comodity, Prollem and Sadistic?
A: Well I've said before in blogs and whatnot, that Prollem is the swagtastic, cocky, 80s Resurrecting bad boy. He's full of fun, you couldn't picture him coming down off of his happy high. Sadistic is the exact opposite. He's evil and crazy...and he hates everyone. Haha. Comodity can be both people; he can be the happy funny guy, and he can also bring the mood down and show you a different side of him. But I don't think Comodity would ever go to Sadistic's extreme. Haha

Q: Who's The more romantic type like in Me And You?
A: That's definitely Comodity. He's more of the story telling type. As Comodity, I'll take you on any kind of ride. In "Me & You", I took you on a ride through...my bedroom. Ha!

Q: Where would you say is more like your home? New York Or California?
A: Woah! Did anyone tell you that you should be a journalist? Ha! Man...I'd definitely say New York is my HOME. I love that place, its where I'm from and my granfather always told me to never for get where I came from. Hence...the making of "SoNY." Also, that's where family is: Dad, cousins, aunts etc...But I would definitely cal California my NEW home. Some of my best friends are out here. And this is where my careers are going to blossom for sure!

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?
A: Ah, I've always said, in five years, I see myself in France getting a call from J-Dub about a show we have to do in Japan...in an hour! Haha


Q: J-Dub which is also apart of the Royal Family plays a big part in your life I see. How did you guys meet?
A: J and I met through a mutual friend...who is now a mutual foe.


Q: Is there anything else you would like your fans to know more about your album?
A: Other than the fact that I put 100% effort into this album, worked hard beyond belief on recording, promoting and finally releasing, contemplated back and fourth on what to name the album, got no sleep producing the songs that I made beats for...and then put it out for free? For you guys?...no, there's nothing else I'd like fans to know. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment